My sister just bought a house (go Angie!) and was having a little new house gathering to celebrate. I love bringing healthy and pretty side dishes to parties for a few reasons - it helps to make sure I have a great, filling, healthy option to eat when I'm there, colorful veggies and/or fruits are a beautiful addition to a party food table, and party people tend to enjoy having a delicious dish with familiar ingredients but still something somewhat new they haven't tried before.
Fresh, easy and healthy - multiple people asked for the recipe :)
I mixed the vinaigrette separately and transported in a small glass container. Once I arrived at my sister's house I gave it a little shake, poured over the salad and everything was ready to enjoy.
Quinoa Arugula Saladby GreensForMe
- 1-1/2 C quinoa, or whatever grains you have on hand - I also used a little bit of farro because I had some
- 1/4 C pine nuts
- 3 large handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 C Feta cheese (I like getting a block and crumbling myself with a fork - I think is cheaper and tastes fresher to me than getting pre-crumbled)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar would probably work well)
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (not required, but a nice touch)
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes, to taste
Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette in small bowl and set aside.
Chop arugula and add to quinoa bowl. Add crumbled Feta and toss to combine.
Top with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!